View Single Post
Old Friday, March 28, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADIA SHAFIQ View Post
But let me check the history: the UN Security Council says that conflict of Kashmir should be solved according to the will of these people. If they want independence, let them be and if they want to accede then it would be done according to plebiscite and this is what I have said and emphasized on their basic right to become a free nation and get rid from the shackles of slavery. I have told demographics as well which is reported by BBC.

I have given my opinion and you have the right to do so .But doing so we should stay for human rights rather on our interests. Kahsmir will never accede to Pakistan unless there would be a military intervention or the political parties of Kashmir wanted to do so. But Political parties are divided into two factions: one want an independent state, other wanted accession with Pakistan .Military intervention is out of chance. We have always been holding same rigid stance that Kashmir is our jugular vein and integral part.For bearing such stance we had to suffer a lot , now we have other fears like Baluchistan issue , separatism in Balatistan , terrorism in KPK and all of us knew the root causes of sepratism and terrorism . We want conflicts should be solved on tables but how ? It should be through bargain and negotiations . We want balkanization of Pakistan or Kashmir ?
I) A Plebiscite is usually having two questions, Yes or No in this case, India or Pakistan.. At that time, it was naturally for two options, either join Pakistan or join India, there was no option of independence ( i feel )

II) Why not balkanization of India . As per a report, last year, maximum number of bomb blasts were not in Pakistan, Iraq or even in Afghanistan . They were in India esp its North Eastern part but media makes the stories .

Note: You may like to have a look at following documents to see wthere there was an option of independence or not, they had to choose between Pakistan or India

https://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/sasia.htm
http://www.kashmirlibrary.org/kashmi...ebiscite.shtml

Regards
SADIA SHAFIQ (Saturday, March 29, 2014), sahar abbas (Friday, March 28, 2014)