View Single Post
Old Friday, October 19, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Noman has a spectacular aura aboutNoman has a spectacular aura about

Even then it implies that the senior CSPs don't posses the power even to decide the fate of their own institution & are not part of any policy making for the future of civil service; but yes the future of their institution & policy making rests with the NCGR & Ishrat Hussain (Not CSP Civil Service Officer). So, by the present trend of NCGR it seems that the CSPs are only the implementer or customer services officers (except the uniform cadre PSP & the cadre not in Pk i.e. FSP) in the future in times to come -as is given in the goals of NCGR on NCGR website- and not the policy makers. Today most secretaries are CSPs and heavily from DMG group however none of them have the influence on policy making for the future civil service aspirants & hence they are powerless in this regard ! And no one can predict if this trend continues then where will be the css cadre standing after a decade !

However, all these devolution & reforms are about to be done in future and at least for the 37th Common & perhaps upto 38th Common CTP program, it seems that the things will remain same ! And, perhaps, this may be the last batch for Commerce & Trade Group via CSS. Let's wait & see !

And, at present, even after devolution the best service one may dream to come in is definately top cadres of Civil Service via CSS. No doubt about that. And I'm also among one of those aspirants who are willing to be the part of this prestigious institution of central superior services, insha-Allah as 37th Commoner.

And I hope Insha-Allah, that the fresh CSPs joining civil service--- when they will reach at senior positions will try whatever they can to revive the civil service & make it as on of the strong institutions of Pakistan to serve our country even better.

regards,
sincerely,
Noman !

Last edited by Princess Royal; Monday, May 12, 2008 at 09:33 PM.