View Single Post
Old Thursday, April 17, 2014
42nd CTP (FSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 48

Escobar will become famous soon enoughEscobar will become famous soon enough
Talking misconceptions about abs exercises and weight loss

Dear fellows, after going through the string I just couldn't resist to reply to all of the misconceptions. Why should you all and rest of the people on this forum concerned with weight loss should listen to me : I am a gold medalist athlete(high jump) competed in one national athletics tournament; played 2 national basketball tournaments representing the capital, relay race medalist. And a long time informal student of physical education.

1. Weight loss will occur with strictly controlled diet. There is a difference between following a diet plan to starve and a healthy diet.
2. Abs don't need to be worked out separately since they don't burn fats on your tummy. No individual muscle exercise can be used to target any specific body part to burn fat. Yes it can help tone and develop muscles.
3. What ever exercise you do , fats burn overall in the body not specifically at any Targeted area.
4. You cant lose weight over night
5. Instead of 2 or 3 large meals take 4 or 5 small meals.
6. Scientifically proven method that burns fats the fastest is interval training. HIIT. Look it up on Google.
7. Muscles don't weight much as compared to fats. So developing muscles wouldnt make you over weight.
8. Walk jog sprint jog walk. Repeat the cycle.
9. Not an outdoors person or for women who don't have any gyms or aerobics facility near by can do it at home. There are several guided programs for getting fit by working out at home easily available on the internet and on DVDs.
10. Consistency is the key to success for everything

P.s. never skip breakfast if you want to lose weight
The Following User Says Thank You to Escobar For This Useful Post:
dms664 (Saturday, April 19, 2014)