Thread: LLM or LLB
View Single Post
Old Friday, April 18, 2014

jazi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAA_LLM View Post
First of all Dear Br, Thanks for the prayer, and in the beginning I would like to point at a very Important mistake you committed ( I hope unintentionally) that you wrote name of Allah SWT with small letter 'A'. please remember that Alllah SWT's name is always written with capital 'A'. I hope you will take care of this in future. In Sha Allah.

Now as about your query, dear Br, Bar at Law is an advance degree after LLB, but it is different from LLM, because Bar at Law focuses on the practical aspects of the law, where as LLM is educational or research oriented degree, which usually does not give much importance to practical side of law.
However, as (as far as I know) Bar at Law is offered in England only, or primarily in England, so many law graduates don't persue it being highly costly and abroad. While LLM though it is also offered in England, but fortunately now it is ofered by many universities of the world, including many in Pakistan. So, we see more LLM students than Barristers... !
Now as about qualification, both Bar at Law and LLM are done after LLB/LLB (Hons.).

About any advantage of Barrister over Lawyer, yes, Barristers are considered more knowledgeable and competent than mere lawyers. (But it is not a hard and fast rule, a simple lawyer with his hard-work and knowledge, may bypass a dull barrister).

About institutes that are offering quality education in Law in Pakistan, dear as far as I know there is no in Bar at Law course or study in Pakistan, (for bar at Law you have to go abroad, unless there are some distant learning education in some foreign/private institutions, but there are very remote chances of that till now, that is what I think) but I can tell you about some prominent education instititutes that offer LLB and LLM in Pakistan, specially in Public Sector. Punjab University is offering LLB and LLM (General) and being pioneer institute in Punjab, it is considered quite good. Then there is International Islamic University, Islamabad, which offer LLB, LLB Hons Shariah and Law, LLM in various fields. That too is a good institution. Further Karachi University and another institution is in Karachi in addition to Peshawar University which offers Law programs. But this list is not exhaustive, and there are many other private institutions as well that offer Law, some are even linked with British Universities. So there are many options.

And About fee, dear I cannot tell you exactly about that, you can find it on their respective websites or by visiting their offices.
Hope this will be helpful.
Regards.
May Allah SWT Bless, Help, Protect, Guide, and Forgive us all and our Families. Ameen
First of all thnx alot for your kind and valuable information and with due respect Bhaudin Zakria University Multan is also offered the degree of LLM

see link http://www.bzu.edu.pk/departmentalprograms.php