View Single Post
Old Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes some pseudo and half-baked "intellectuals" like Ayesha Jalal try to portray Pak Army as a corporation running its operations and earning money by the virtue of their might and status in Pakistan.
I'm sure you have no idea what pseudo-intellectual means so I'll not waste my time engaging you on that. If you think someone writing a book which is well researched and full with evidence and yet s/he is a "pseudo", you should confine yourself to real intellectual text books.

Moving on, it is my right as a tax paying citizen to know about all the details of where military is earning the money and how is it being spent. Banning the book, on the other hand, is a breach of my constitutional rights. But it seems you have no inkling of what constitutional right are, either.

Quote:
The one who has any doubt should consider scores of lives sacrificed by our army in defence of Pakistan.
No one is saying anything about the soldiers who have scarified their lives. No use being uselessly rhetorical. On a side note, more Pakistani citizens have died with violence than soldiers in wars. And most of them have died because of the patronage of extremism by military establishment.

Quote:
Just compare its performance and budget with those of Indian Army.
Okay, here's a preliminary comparison for you: Indian army's performance is much better. They have won the wars, they have never derailed the democratic process, they have never murdered politicians and elected presidents, they don't run businesses instead of focusing on their jobs, they have never patronized extremism, and so on.

Quote:
Imagine just imagine one of the best intelligence agencies of the world could not get rid of one journalist.
This is just a text book line with not a shred of evidence. I think ISI is one of the worst intelligence agencies of the world. Usually the intelligence agencies take their mess and dump it in other countries. Our agencies have been bringing the mess of other countries and dumping it in Pakistan, all the while turning a blind eye to terrorism on our soil, and actually patronizing it. If this makes it one of the best agencies, then surely Pakistan is a heaven on earth too. If anything, we can compare ISI to a mild version of Gestapo.

Usually I don't even like responding to empty rhetoric, the kind that you find in third rate evening Urdu papers, but I just could not resist responding to some of your "intellectual" points.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
Alexkahn (Monday, April 28, 2014), Faisal86 (Sunday, April 27, 2014), MOHSINALIKHAN (Tuesday, April 29, 2014)