View Single Post
Old Thursday, April 24, 2014

matfq is on a distinguished road

Muhammad T S Awan,

I think you have got this all wrong. Hamid Mir is not the perpetrator, he is one of the victims here. You talk about Freedom of speech and Freedom of Life as if they are related. But, on the contrary, they are two mutually exclusive ideas. You say freedom of speech is somehow connected with killings? Can you explain this? Perhaps I am wrong. However, I am of the opinion that the attack on Hamid Mir and other journalists has nothing to do with SI or Maulana being killed. In fact, they both have common enemies.

Also, you contradict yourself, since the news of the SI being shot and Maulana being killed has been brought to you by Free Media. Had it not been through the effort of the free media, you would still have been in dark about this and many other incidents. Media is a necessary pillar of the nation to keep accountability. Journalists deserve praise and respect as they are putting their lives in line to bring you the news.

The real issue here is that media should not become a Dadagir, bending the rules as they wish and chant extra-judicial allegations against whoever they wish as if they have a monopoly on public opinion. Media, like all institutions, should be driven by logic and reason and not by emotions and rumors.

These are my opinions and you have the right to defer. Respectfully.
"The unbelievers plotted and God planned, but God is a much better planner" [Surah Al-Imran 3:54]
The Following User Says Thank You to matfq For This Useful Post:
Muhammad T S Awan (Thursday, April 24, 2014)