View Single Post
Old Tuesday, May 06, 2014
***CAPTAIN HOPE***
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Muhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
My questions are as follows.

Q1: There are 10 subjects (6 compulsory and 4 optional) so how should I start preparing? I don't have much time. I was thinking to cover one subject in one month but I do not have 10 months. Please help me in planning.

Q2: What you guys think about my subject combination?

Q3: In how many days one can cover each subject?

Ans 1 : You can cover two subjects at a time i.e 2 subjects side by side . By seeing your subjects , one can say it easily that you would have to make a tight schedule .But , you would have to focus mainly on English , specially English essay . Write at least 2,3 pages daily ,from now on , and get it checked by posting here or by any good English teacher . According to my experience , essay is the most difficult paper , so , for it you would have to work hard i.e read dawn daily , practice short essays and then long ones . It is a very difficult task to write an essay of 2500 to 3000 words in first paper of C.S.S . If you will not practice now , definitely , you would be seeing a lot of pressure in first paper .

Ans 2 : Subject combination !! . Well , if you are asking in terms of syllabus , then subjects are lengthy and course contents are vast . For history , i must say , that revise it at least two times . In papers you would not have time to revise any subject easily ,specially history . So , do it now .

Ans 3 : It depends on the subject , and the manner in which you will be going to cover them . Normally , a subject of 100 marks can be covered in 2 weeks and a subject of 200 in 4 weeks . But , still it depends on one's interest and aptitude .

Best of luck ,

Ali .
informer59 (Thursday, May 08, 2014), strugggler (Tuesday, May 06, 2014), waqas2links (Wednesday, May 07, 2014)