General Knowledge including Every Day Science Paper,2003
B]Balochistan Public Service Commission [/B]
Q-1. Write notes on any TWO of the following topics:
Samungli Road Quetta Cantt.
COMPETATIVE EXAMINATION FOR THE POST(s) OF SECTION OFFICERS B-17
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE INCLUDING EVERYDAY SCIENCE
Marks: 100 May 19, 2003 Time: 3 Hours
Q-2. Write brief notes on Geographical, Historical, Economic and Strategic Importance of any FIVE of the following:
- i. Geneva Convention.
- ii. Gawadar Sea Port.
- iii. Mechanization of Agriculture.
- iv. T.V. advertisements – their uses and abuses.
- v. “Foreign Aid” – A blessing or Curse.
- vi. How to solve the problem of unemployment.
- vii. Role of Press in Development.
Q-3. What do the following terms mean? Attempt any TEN:
- i. Suez Canal
- ii. Guantanamo Bay
- iii. Hormuz
- iv. Panama Canal
- v. English Channel Tunnel
- vi. Dardanelle’s Strait
- vii. Gibraltar
- viii. Gulf of Aden
Q-4. What do these abbreviations stand for and why are they in the News these days? Attempt any TEN.
- i. Alma mater
- ii. Hat Trick
- iii. Inflation
- iv. Veto
- v. Knock Out
- vi. Catharsis
- vii. Sine die
- viii. Plaintiff
- ix. Extradition
- x. Quorum
- xi. Embargo
- xii. Preamble
- xiii. Renaissance
- xiv. Barter
- xv. Premium
Q-5. Answer any FIFTEEN of the following questions:
- i. N.E.P.R.A.
- ii. S.A.R.S.
- iii. N.R.B.
- iv. K.C.C.I.
- v. P.E.M.R.A.
- vi. L.T.T.E.
- vii. U.N.D.P.
- viii. I.C.R.C.
- ix. P.C.S.I.R.
- x. S.A.A.R.C.
- xi. I.A.E.A.
- xii. E.E.C.
- xiii. L.F.O.
- xiv. A.I.D.A.
- xv. U.N.I.C.E.F.
- i. How are Pulleys useful?
- ii. What is Conductor? Give some examples.
- iii. What is a Glacier?
- iv. How are Clouds formed?
- v. What is meant by precipitation?
- vi. Which was the first manned Space Flight?
- vii. What are Satellites used for today?
- viii. How are Tides caused? How often do they occur?
- ix. What is the surface temperature of the Sun?
- x. What do some objects float while other do not?
- xi. Does an Earthworm breathe? If yes, in what way?
- xii. What does Sterilization mean?
- xiii. Why does the body need carbohydrates?
- xiv. Where is Saliva produced?
- xv. What part of the heart sends blood to the lungs?
- xvi. What is the difference between Astronomy and Astrology?
- xvii. Horticulture is a branch of. ………Which studies……….
- xviii. What is fog?
- xix. What is Hibernation?
- xx. A man was born on December 20, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?
No matter how fast i run or how far i go it wont escape me, pain, misery, emptiness.