View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 07, 2014

Aman Rashid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfalcon View Post
I mentioned the points to be conveyed to the PM in a post long ago in this thread. Here are the ready made points if someone could please include them in the newspaper advertisements, it would be a great service to all of us. Don't forget to put nice pictures of Jinnah and the PM along with respectable language.

-It is Ability that matters instead of Age.
-Musharraf government reduced the upper age limit from 30 to 28 years.
-At least 3 summaries were sent to PM Yousaf Raza Gillani for age relaxation which he rejected.
-There are petitions filed in Peshawar High Court and Lahore High Court and probably the Supreme Court as well about age relaxation for css candidates.
-Last government increased age for Federal jobs from 30 to 35 years except CSS related jobs.
-Article 25 of the Constitution declares that all citizens are equal before the law and this implies that age limit for Federal jobs should be the same for everyone.
-Recently Sindh Public Service Commission has relaxed the age limit by 3 years for its candidates.
-Other Provinces have relaxed rules about age limits.
-Many developed countries like the UK have No Upper Age Limit and they encourage graduates and highly educated people to join their service which can be seen on this link (http://faststream.civilservice.gov.u...stream-for-me/)
-Many candidates pursue a 4 year Bachelors or want to finish their tertiary education with a Masters degree and may want to gain some work experience and financial stability. This increases their age by many years and stops highly educated people from entering the service.
-People who are doing a 4 years Bachelors or a 5 years MBBS should not be encouraged to halt their studies in the middle of their course so that they prepare for CSS examinations or even get distracted from their studies by preparing for CSS simultaneously. Such people should definitely be given at least 3 years age relaxation (if we consider MBBS students).
-And last but not the least, the whole process itself takes about 2 years on average from preparation to allocation. Considering this factor, age relaxation should be given to encourage people to try again if they could not make it or if they wanted to improve their scores.

There might be many other reasons as well but if I have missed any, then I request the other members interested in this cause to remind us about them. I hope that this will help. Good Luck !
its good you have sort out so many proper and sufficient information regarding civil services age in other countries and what going on in Pakistan... we should also point the supreme court public sector jobs ban during yusuf raza gillani regime .... and high education persons with double masters even M.PHIL are there who got stuck because of age issue... and as high the qualification will be, government will have that good bureaucrats in hand... they will be decent and mature more than many with simple masters and graduation...