View Single Post
Old Sunday, July 20, 2014

waqas izhar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
It’s the same with modern democracy, isn't it? However, it is not Islam that asked Muslims to keep these three branches separate. It was decided by later Muslims as per the requirements of the time. Is that not so?

is it the same with modern democracy? Enlighten me on this one. Isn't prime minister and his cabinet part of the executive as well as the legislature?

That is what I have been asking about. How is that laws devised by private savants and jurists will be implemented in today’s world? How will the consensus arrive that certain private individuals are to frame the laws of the state? Who will decide the authority of those individuals to make laws? The king did that in the medieval ages, who will do it now? Islam does not give any specific instructions, and thus we have to devise methods according to our own times, and that is what I have been talking about. Is that so hard to understand?

this is the beauty of Islam I would say. The King is Allah. His word is the quran. Anyone. I repeat "anyone" with enough capability and knowledge can devise laws in the light of the Holy Quran. Again: in light of the holy Quran. And anyone is a vicegerent.

How will be the international law expanded upon for today’s world and who will do that? And no, there is not a political system in any school of thought, including all of the above. They do provide guidance for certain legal matters to quite an extent but for modern political requirements there is hardly anything at all.

What are modern political requirements? Is it devising laws for the times?

A clergyman who has not read a single book can also sit (and does sit) in the parliament, no one is stopping him from doing that.

yes but I am saying a third house of the parliament. These guys will not be paid. They will be volunteers. They will decide in the light of the quran.

Right, finally you came to the point. Finally, you have extended the courtesy of a direct answer to my question. And what is that answer? We can devise any appropriate method. Does that not mean that Islam does not prescribe any clear method of the election of legislature? Does that not mean that we have to devise ways according to the needs of our own times?

we can. But I am a mulla so I will ask this: are the times moving according to the holy quran? If yes how? If no why? Also if no then isn't it wrong to interpret the quran according to the times? Let me say again: should we interpret the times or judge the times according to the quran or should we interpret the quran according to the times? If quran according to the times then what is the use of this book? Do tell me so that I can stop saying quran and islam

A ‘voluntary’ legislature of ‘private jurists’, as you example makes it clear, might have worked in the 8th century. How it will work today, you tell me.

First tell me what is the difference between the eighth century and today? We needed laws then and we need laws now. Second those laws were made in light of the holy Quran. Can't they be made today as well in the light of the holy Quran?

But do answer me this: what is it that you require from a legal systrm? What kind of laws do you require?

Again, no clear guidance/requirements from Islam in this regard, right?

Yes you are right. No clear guidance or restriction of any kind.

‘Tweak’ is the catch-world. It’s not necessary that democracy is driven by blind capitalism. It can be tweaked and safeguards imposed for keeping in check the monopolistic tendencies.

but all democracies of the world go from landlordism to capitalism to expansion. UK and US might be good examples of that. Then they go towards welfare. For welfare they need resources, for which they then kill Asians or Africans depending on their mood and the time. Do you want to go that way? If not then we ned to make changes in our structure. Give suggestions please.

Yes, but only to some extent, and you have only agreed with me. It makes clear there are no clear instructions from Islam in a lot of matters, particularly political, and so there is no such thing as “political system” of Islam.
hmmm why would you say is that?
Finally I amam a patient person so keep your horizon at least to a hundred years and answer me. Thanks for your sharing.
Regards