View Single Post
Old Sunday, July 20, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
is it the same with modern democracy? Enlighten me on this one. Isn't prime minister and his cabinet part of the executive as well as the legislature?
Yes, but the legislature is not the exclusive privilege of the PM and his cabinet. If you are talking about exclusiveness of both, that has not existed in the history of Islam either. It was the prerogative of the executive (king) to give final word as to the adoption or rejection of laws devised by ‘voluntary’ legislature. And the whims of the king could also result in hanging/persecuting the law-makers which is not a very good example.

Quote:
this is the beauty of Islam I would say. The King is Allah. His word is the quran. Anyone. I repeat "anyone" with enough capability and knowledge can devise laws in the light of the Holy Quran. Again: in light of the holy Quran. And anyone is a vicegerent.
And who is going to decide the capability of an individual?

Quote:
What are modern political requirements? Is it devising laws for the times?
Yes.

Quote:
we can. But I am a mulla so I will ask this: are the times moving according to the holy quran? If yes how? If no why? Also if no then isn't it wrong to interpret the quran according to the times? Let me say again: should we interpret the times or judge the times according to the quran or should we interpret the quran according to the times? If quran according to the times then what is the use of this book? Do tell me so that I can stop saying quran and islam
Yes, times are changing. And it is perfectly appropriate, in fact the only reasonable course, to interpret Qur’an according to the requirements of time. Human thinking and intellect evolves. Needs of the times also change. What do you say? Humans needs and intellectual capabilities remain same over all time?

Here’s an example: Qur’an gives instructions about slavery. But we don’t have slavery anymore? Why? Changing needs. Women could not vote in the early history of Islam. Why should we not do that again? Changed needs. Qur’an does not say anything about the mutual relations of nations. What to do about that? In the same way, Qur’an does not say anything about the mechanism of electing the legislative. How to do that? And the list goes on. Did we have UNO, international treaties, war conventions in the time of the Prophet? No, so how do we deal with them? Again, changing needs. We are dependent for education, technology, economy, and scores of other factors on kafirs. How to manage these needs of changing times? And so on.

Quote:
First tell me what is the difference between the eighth century and today? We needed laws then and we need laws now. Second those laws were made in light of the holy Quran. Can't they be made today as well in the light of the holy Quran?
Refer above for examples of changing times and requirements. As for enacting laws in the light of Qur’an, that is not the point, and no one is disputing that. The point is, does Qur’an provide clear guidance about the political system that should be followed? That answer is no, it does not. Basic guidelines are provided and upon them we have to construct the system according to, yes, the changing needs of the time.

Quote:
Yes you are right. No clear guidance or restriction of any kind.
And that is what I have been yammering about for three days.

Quote:
but all democracies of the world go from landlordism to capitalism to expansion. UK and US might be good examples of that. Then they go towards welfare. For welfare they need resources, for which they then kill Asians or Africans depending on their mood and the time. Do you want to go that way? If not then we ned to make changes in our structure. Give suggestions please.
Of course, structural changes can be made. As for the suggestions about it, that is a different topic.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
ahmedsarah (Sunday, July 20, 2014), Buddha (Sunday, July 20, 2014), incounternable (Monday, July 21, 2014)