View Single Post
Old Saturday, August 02, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011, Roll no. 141PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: KPK PMS

Muhammad Asim Abbasi is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Gypsified;744111]If someone asks irrelevant questions, ‘Google it’ seems to be the most appropriate answer. It’s good to have a conversation that sticks to the point, although I understand it’s hard for us to appreciate it.

Don't throw everything for Google. Use it and let us know.

So what Muslims decided was to get their own land and impose official religious ideology on everyone and lose half the country within 25 years (we live in a half-a-castle of Islam) and make the rest a complete mess. Remarkable strategy, I must say.

That is a long debate. Now what we have after 67 years of independence is thanked to our selfish leaders and India.

Of course. Would you say that the members of this majority have the same picture of this “Islamic Pakistan” in their minds? And no one is asking the minority to impose its will on the majority anywhere. A tip: people who have spoken against the ills of their own societies have always been in minority. Only they turned out to be right.

Constructive criticism is welcome but I don't smell any positivity in your criticism. Yes majority of members are satisfied with Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Evidence suggests otherwise.

What kind of evidence you are suggesting? Like other Minorities Muslims are too victim of terrorism.

Who, indeed? You are aware of history, right? It’s just that the prodigal brothers of Islam have gotten out of hands. The terrorist that we hatched for our grand conquests have come back to impose their own design on us.

I admit that it was failure of our policies. India exploited what we forget to cleanse. But at present India is prime factor behind unstable Pakistan in addition to our leaders.

The responsibility seems to be the prerogative of army, the ‘defenders of our ideological frontiers’. And economically, the pious people of Pakistan generously donate for the causes of Kashmir Jihad and such. People also have deepest sympathies for what the Taliban did in Afghanistan (the good taliban). So there’s the chief source of finance and support. Only now people are more confused than ever. They can’t make sense of what their Islamic warriors are doing to them, blowing mosques and all. So they’re twisting and turning the ‘Islamic ideology’ only to make their confusion worse.

Now who is financing? Definitely foreign involvement.
Whoever is carring the banner of so called Jihad has personal motives or other than religious.

Yeah, the chief source of support is crystal clear, as I explained above. And it’s always advisable to keep in view the difference between criticizing Islam and criticizing the medieval interpretations of the same. I know, it’s futile to explain things to patriot Pakistanis but all one can do is try.

So you are not patriot.

Oh I’m sorry, but those people know more about Islam more than you and I. Only they are the practical implementation of the medieval Islam whose image we cherish in our minds. It’s just that we don’t feel the methods are appropriate.

It is a wrong policy to pass a statement about 2 billion Muslims by analyzing just a few bandits. Again and again we deny our support or any affiliation.

Right, there is no forced conversion in Islam, but Muslims (Pakistanis being at the forefront) have a rich history of the same. (I didn’t blame Islam, see?)

Exceptions do occur. What you are stating is happening everywhere.

I’ll tell you why they are doing that. Because the terrorists derive their inspiration from the medieval interpretations of Islam (remember the famous fatwa of Imam Ibn-e-Taimiyyah which happens to be the favorite of the Taliban and Bin Laden?). You might not agree with those interpretations, but tell me, how many Pakistan ulemas have openly denounced the Taliban? It’s only recent that the soldiers who died were refused to be called martyrs, isn’t it? Was it some Indian who did that or was that the leader of one of the most popular religious political parties? Your religious leaders don’t have any problem with what the Taliban stand for (they just think the path of suicide bombing is rather unpleasant to achieve the same ends) so it won’t make slightest difference if a common educated man like you or me keeps chanting that this is not Islam. If this is not Islam, have it say out loud by the ulemas. If they don’t do it, then this really is Islam for the rest of the world. If you care to see, it really is crystal clear where the main support base of the terrorists is.

Medieval interpretations are not valid now. They were valid for that particular time. Now situation is quite different. Ulemas are already depicting them as terrorist. Majority of sunni and shiiate ulemas has Issued fatwas against them. Our opposition against terrorism does not require explanation as we are in mid of Operation Zarb e Azb.

Because sectarianism is another gift of religious politics and the policies of Jehad in the neighboring countries. Our jihadi boys are just experimenting with new things, you see.

Sectarianism is everywhere. Hindus have four castes. Christians also have. A Catholic can not rule some countries as king.

Let’s compare Pakistan with the worst country in the world and feel terribly happy about it.

Why not compare Pakistan with India when we have so many things in common especially rivalry.

Free cigarettes, please?

Dunhill or Gold Leaf?