View Single Post
Old Saturday, August 09, 2014
The TechGeek
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,178 Times in 888 Posts
incounternable is a jewel in the roughincounternable is a jewel in the roughincounternable is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazkhan View Post
i have heard from a friend of mine the FPSC has changed its rule regarding the passing marks for the general knowledge subjects that one have to secure 40% marks in each of pakistan affairs,current affairs and EDS instead of obtaining 40% as a whole in these three subjects, seniors please confirm credibility of these news.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliarslan View Post
(QUALIFYING MARKS IN WRITTEN EXAMINATION
8. (i). A candidate who fails to secure at least 40% marks in any of the compulsory subjects, 33% marks in any of the optional subjects, 50% marks in the Aggregate will be considered to have failed in written examination and will not be eligible for medical examination, Psychological Assessment and Viva Voce.
It seems that they have changed the rule for GK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainzuk View Post
If you look closely, it says, 40% marks in all the compulsory subjects. Now looking at the syllabus, I assume that General Knowledge is considered a single subject. It is numbered 3 and Islamiat is numbered as 4. So according to my interpretation, at the risk of being presumptuous, I would think that getting 120/300 for all the 3 papers will make you successful in this compulsory subject(GK).
I second Ainzuk, General Knowledge is a compulsory subject of 300 marks and not separate 3 subjects... This language of the rule has been there in previous years too. Check yourself here

P.S. This is no interpretation but reality. This rule has bee there for too long...

Regards,
Stay Blessed