View Single Post
Old Saturday, August 09, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

What a brilliant post. I would just like to make two short comments:

1. The book, although I have not read it myself, does seem to take a very daring approach about interpreting Islamic injunctions (in today’s Pakistan, this would have cost poor Iqbal his life along with his family) and can be taken as an excellent manifesto of modern day interpretations of Islam. No wonder it is banned in Saudi Arabia, that country of barbarians who have high jacked Islam. The excerpts you posted are truly marvelous, particularly the one about secular Turkey.

2. But as it happens, we Muslims don’t like to use our heads, you see. We like to blindly follow what is poured in our minds. So intellectual conversations and polite debates are futile. I’m very much glad on the actions of ISIS and I do hope it wreaks complete and total devastation on Middle East, the kind of what Europe saw during the WWII. Perhaps then we would learn the lesson that Europe learned long ago that stubbornly sticking to medievalism is not a very bright idea. Laton ke bhoot, as they say, baton se naheen mante. ISIS zindabad! Khalafat paindabad! Insaniyat gai tail lenay!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
Ajaz Lone (Tuesday, August 12, 2014), Buddha (Saturday, August 09, 2014), Peerhamza (Monday, August 18, 2014)