Thread: Word Power
View Single Post
Old Thursday, November 15, 2007
Super Moderator
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Zirwaan Khan is a glorious beacon of lightZirwaan Khan is a glorious beacon of lightZirwaan Khan is a glorious beacon of lightZirwaan Khan is a glorious beacon of lightZirwaan Khan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Word Power

I am starting this thread with an intention to improve our vocabulary in a unique way.

Hope it would be beneficial to all of the CSS aspirants .

I will start with a word ,elucidate its meaning and use it in a sentence with proper connotation (imp thing to keep in mind whilst writing). Now another member would follow my post using a different word with its meaning, and usage in a sentence.

The word that you'd use must be starting with an alphabet which is either the first or the last alphabet of the previous word (fun whilst learning). The word must clarify itself in the sentence you are using. One must not ram his/her head against the wall in order to understand the meaning of it.

Active members should use only one word in a day , otherwise it would be a futile effort to learn all of them.
Now let me start

Meticulous : to be careful about details etc

He arranged the documents with meticulous care, making sure that each one was in correct order
Arcanerk (Friday, January 08, 2010), Ayan Khan (Wednesday, June 18, 2008), Ayesha Mahmood (Wednesday, January 13, 2010), CA-ACMA (Sunday, April 18, 2010), DaRk_FaiRy (Saturday, May 10, 2008), Faisal86 (Saturday, October 29, 2011), Faraz_1984 (Friday, August 15, 2008), farrukh khan (Wednesday, November 21, 2007), madiha rizwan (Monday, April 21, 2008), mashal khan (Sunday, April 05, 2009), Muhammad Asif Ilyas (Friday, January 08, 2010), ravaila (Sunday, May 17, 2009), Raz (Wednesday, December 05, 2007), Sureshlasi (Saturday, November 24, 2007), Surmount (Thursday, October 16, 2008), Tahir Sanjrani (Tuesday, June 17, 2008), thunderstorm (Sunday, November 06, 2011), Trustworthy (Sunday, October 30, 2011), Waseemtabish (Wednesday, July 08, 2009)