View Single Post
Old Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas izhar View Post
In Red Indians before colonization property was inherited by women from women! Men had no property rights . The same red Indians who have been depicted as savages in media had reached that level of development.
Brother I would disagree with you here, if men had no property rights, then that system was just as unfair as one in which women have no rights. A system in which one part of the population has rights, but the other doesn't isn't fair at all. For example a system in which women have rights, but men don't or a system in which some women have rights while others don't is unfair. I support equality, which is why even though I'm a feminist to the core, I've totally opposed to giving women more than is their due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
Yup you do make sense and I understand that mode of competition has changed so natural selection favors what it didn't in the 'old world' . What I am arguing is if continued for sometime this competition can start posing a threat to overall survival of the species, we can easily notice declining populations as for now, if it continues it can reach some alarming levels and it would make a different environment then .
But we can't say for certain if a changed male-female ratio would have major effects in a world where old social norms are being rapidly destroyed. Also we can't discount the role of technology. Anyway, I'm not knowledgeable enough to make a guess about this

Quote:
Let's make it very simple, if 'divorce rate start increasing' and 'care for children start declining', Muslims will again start resisting .
Exactly! But this brings us back to my point that Muslims must change with time or be crushed by it. The Western world already has no problem with divorce and if Muslims, because of this issue start going in an opposite direction from the rest of the world, it will harm no one but Muslims.

Quote:
I was just curious that can it be sustained 'biologically' . I mean if male dominance has always prevailed there must be some biological reasons for that too, although many scholars argue that biology has little to do with it and it's only a social construct.
I believe there's a very simple reason: PHYSICAL STRENGTH. For most of our history, women simply couldn't do the work that men could (at least not as efficiently) and I believe this also provided the basis for the division of labor. Its only now that technology and our society has reached the stage where a women can contribute as much to the national economy as a man can. Still many barriers exist and you'll see that in the countries where these barriers are fewer, the position of women is better. In short, the position of women depends almost totally on their economic independence.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hassan02 For This Useful Post:
mhmmdkashif (Thursday, August 28, 2014)