View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 31, 2014

Arsalan89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
By the way, here's something from your own link:

"In the last couple of weeks some misunderstanding cropped up based on my speeches delivered many years ago which were made in a different context and in a different environment." http://www.dawn.com/news/1100764

So there are no such speeches from the current tenure of PML-N? Young man, make up your mind whether the 'speeches' were recent or about a decade old because, well, comprehension problems can arise.

This is the last time I am explaining what I am posting. If you cant grasp simple English and can't use deductive reasoning, I can not argue with you any further. Thank you.

DAWN

Updated Apr 18, 2014 10:46pm

Khawaja Asif takes U-turn, calls Pakistan Army an asset

ISLAMABAD: Calling his past statements on the Pakistan Army a mistake, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif in a statement said that a strong and respected army is a national asset.

“In the last couple of weeks some misunderstanding cropped up based on my speeches delivered many years ago which were made in a different context and in a different environment,” said Asif in a statement issued on Friday in Islamabad.

“It was neither my intention and nor my objective to undermine an institution, which I hold in high esteem, at a time when the armed forces are fighting on many fronts,” the defence minister insisted.

“As a Pakistani I am proud of the valour and sacrifices of the men in uniform for the defence of the nation. It was not my objective to undermine it,” he said.

The defence minister admitted that his statements presented by the media created a misplaced perception about himself which he said was far from reality.

Pakistan Army corps commanders in their meeting "last week" at GHQ expressed anger over statements of certain minister's and told chief General Raheel Sharif that their sentiments may be conveyed to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

The Article is dated 18th of April. It mentions Corps Commander meeting took place last week, which would be either 12th or 13th of April. The Generals expressed anger over what can only be contemporary speeches made by Khwaja Asif. Refer to the links I provided earlier.

Khwaja Asif, however, tries to manipulate public opinion by claiming his earlier (more then a year, according to him) speeches are the bone of contention. In fact, a diatribe against Pervez Musharraf on a private Channel earlier that week is what the fuss was about.

If you would have read it properly, or would have sought guidance from someone who can understand simple English, you won't have been asking the question.

I, however, wanted to prove that Ministers were making bold statements which were not so well received by Army. The Corps Commander meeting over the issue proves the point.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsalan89 For This Useful Post:
Ranjha M S (Sunday, August 31, 2014)