View Single Post
Old Tuesday, September 09, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
Yes, 'changing the status quo' is a slogan that anyone can raise without thinking about it, particularly the mindless followers of Imran Khan.

In Pakistan, there seem to be two important ingredients of status quo (there are probably more than two). One, the political corruption and nepotism. How will Imran change this status quo with the help of the likes of Sheikh Rasheed and Shah Mehmood Qureshi? No one bothers to tell. How will the resignation of the PM and dissolution of parliament change the status quo? No answer. Has Imran managed to changed the status quo in KPK? Not really.

Second, the military intervention in politics, particularly its control on foreign and defense policies. A change in status quo will be the shifting of this control from military to civilian government. What has Imran done about it? He has only made it worse by weakening the democratic structure (whatever of it we have), throwing doubt on the reputation of all democratic institutions.

Another very important ingredient of the status quo is overthrowing the civilian governments through agitation and paving way for coups. On this score, again, Imran has cemented the convention and status quo.

So far, Imran has only strengthened the status quo. But the supporters of his absurd demands hardly care to give any thinking to the matter.
So basically status quo has many dimensions . Actually I was speaking to a friend yesterday who is an officer in the army, we were discussing about politics and he eventually managed to silence me by telling can't anyone go against the status quo, I was silenced because in fact I also have many complaints about the status quo . Besides silencing I also became curious to learn what actually people of Pakistan perceive from the word 'status quo' so I posted a question here . Thanx for the reply. I now assume people know very well the definition of status quo and everyone uses it for their benefit, eventually the 'strongest' definition prevails .