View Single Post
Old Sunday, September 28, 2014

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about
Default Some pitfalls

Given that I receive a large number of emails for philosophy I decided to share some pitfalls if you choose Philosophy.
  • There are no guide books or helping material. You have to read original texts and sift the material yourself to answer a question.
  • As there are no solved past papers in the market for Objective part you have to google to find answers of MCQs.
  • You're on your own as there are only few people who have studied philosophy and they won't be spoon-feeding you. I haven't heard of any classes of Philosophy in renowned academies, however, individual teachers might offer private lessons. And you won't know how good or bad those teachers might turn out to be as we don't have much information. Therefore, basically you're on your own.
  • To sum up choose this subject if you're willing to read original texts and work on your own. Maybe in the future someone might write an Exam-Cram type book but for NOW there isn't any spoon-feeding mechanism yet.
He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:18)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buddha For This Useful Post:
alirazakh (Friday, October 03, 2014), anam9999 (Thursday, March 05, 2015), Peerhamza (Friday, October 17, 2014), saadqureshi (Saturday, October 18, 2014), zakikhalid (Sunday, November 02, 2014)