View Single Post
Old Monday, October 20, 2014

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
I don't think patriarchy is limited to Islam. This form of social setup evolved across all cultures and societies throughout the world and almost all religions tend to protect it. This form of social structure has been so successful that it's still present, and there's no to very historical evidence of any matrilineal or matriarchical socities, and whichever ones did evolve historically couldn't sustain themselves . Nevertheless it's not that patriarchy is free of problems and an ideal setting, today many things have changed that supported it in the past, for example economic concerns of agricultural age, men were better suitable for labor, farming and cultivation due to physical endurance and strength but today much of the process of production is automated . Or for example protection, today we have large national societies where states take responsibility of protecting you and your economic assets . And yes Islam does protect patriarchy. And when looking at Pakistani society, I notice that the biggest hurdle to women's emancipation are women themselves . Many women who work and earn still claim that it's not their responsibility and they are doing it for some form of 'majboori' . Apparently this trend is changing among young girls who are challenging boys in some fields , but yet again they still 'encourage' their husbands to remain ahead of them by seeking 'better earning spouses' .
Before the advent of Islam the social set up was matriarchal and it brought a lot of evils and lead to disintegration of social values among both men and women...Gender based courage is some what personal as well...We have a long list of strong women throughout the history from Malka Saba of King Solomon's time to Asma Jahangeer (she was my favourite since I saw her picture in a Newspaper with cigarette and then researching on her gave me quite a good insight of her personality although I'm allergic to cigarette),Hazrat Ayesha/Khadija R.A to Razia Sultana (however she fled with a negro in the end but it does n't matter), Jhansi ki Rani to Sonia Gandhi and west have only one the Hilary Clinton to Monica Lewnisky or Lady Gaga to Selena Gomez...Even if you watch Hollywood movies you can better understand what is the "status" of women there & watching their t.v serials can give you better insight (and you can see where the respect is more)...To see ours you can see "Mera Sultan" where one pretty woman ruined the Kingdom of "Sulaiman The Magnificient" the ruler of 3 continents ...Even one of our Ummayyad Caliph Yazid II died in the sorrow of a slave girl
And we Always forget while mentioning that our greatest Jurist Imam Abu Hanifa was so called due to his Daughter Hanifa R.A...
I agree that Not so enough opportunities our women have got, but still they have got enough that at least one "Madam Curie" can come from them...But out of millions highly educated women we have n't got even a single yet...