View Single Post
Old Sunday, November 02, 2014

Saleha Jamil is on a distinguished road
Default Guide for SBP-YPIP NTS TEST

Salam. Here is pattern, questions type and guide, for future aspirants, with reference to NTS SBP YPIP OG 4 Test that I attempted.

As a whole Test was too easy (at least more than one can expect), comprising 3 portions.

1. Maths
Many people who attempt English portion first, regrets at the end, as it takes most of their time, leaving them in hurry for Maths and IQ/General Knowledge. I would advise to attempt Maths questions firstly as it took me just 20 minutes to do them all (leave the question which you're not sure about, but manage the time to come back to that question later on).

Question Type
If you've done your bachelors and had given some university Test or know the very basic of Maths, like Arithmetic, Algebra, Ratio, Numbers, and Geometry with formulas only, that's enough, but better to revise them through any Guide/GAT Book, though GAT book has extra tough questions that SBP doesn't require.

2. General Knowledge
Don't ponder too much on General Knowledge question, because there is no intelligence involved. Recall your memory, some answers are in your mind, you have gone through them somewhere in past, if you couldn't do this, then simply use intuition, and move forward.

Question Type
*Who was banned by ICC recently for balling style: Saeed Ajmal (News)
*Aug 2014 Cool and Cool Cricket Cup was held in ? Bangladesh (See News; get updated, most of the time, this you get info from your peers too, or radio, so luck also works here, if you know something by chance)
*Green color of Pak Flag represents? To Muslim (so easy)
*Iraq president?
*Tayyap Urdgan is Turkey's ----? President (not Prime Minister lol)
SO have was easy but half was critical.

3. English
Now comes English (only portion where you can get puzzled, so hold your temper and tiredness), this is where you would have to be careful. Drop out least likely options (NTS gave many "obvious" least likely options in some question), so some times you're left with single Answer or 2/3 most likely (probable) options, now use your Grammar and comprehension ability.
(Focus to learn "USE of Comma, linking words, however, since, but etc usage, and that's it)

I'll repeat, Thinking over a question weirdly just wastes your time, do it, try it, or leave it, there are others questions in Test to exhibit your expertise.

*Don't forget to bring Marker Color to shade the Answer Bubble, as I just got irritated when a slim ball point tip was rendered to fill that too big circle.

Hope it will help you next year....... in your new experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saleha Jamil For This Useful Post:
Muhammad Ali8 (Sunday, November 09, 2014)