View Single Post
Old Monday, November 17, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious me View Post
You people seem to have better knowledge on communism atleast than me. The confusion for me is that if capitalism is acceptable to us why not communism, afterall many capitalist societies are also athiest or secular. Capitalism encourages accumulation of wealth, but its drawbacks are never seen in context of religion, unlike communism. Interest system is acceptable for us, multinational companies' hegemony is ok for us and state's authority over wealth is not. how come.

I have read a statement of marx stating "education, religion, morality system are all tools to maintain status quo", if we see it has a bit of truth in it. isn't it. And if we amend it to suit our society maybe it works better than capitalism.

I really want to get convinced against it
Roots of capitalism can be traced in Christian teachings, that is capitalist economies evolved out of Christian beliefs for example rule of law which is essential for capitalism couldn't be made possible without incorporating Christian ethics and morales, or liberty and individual rights basically arose out of Christianity none of the capitalist societies are atheistic, they are secular in spirit, means religion becomes a personal matter whereas under communist regimes state destroys religion