View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 06, 2014
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: PMS -  Merti 5

kal3m will become famous soon enoughkal3m will become famous soon enough

Before starting a topic, some important facts I would like to share:
1- "Because of that we ordained for the children of Israel (Jews), that if anyone killed a persona not in retaliation of murder, or to spread mischief in the land, it would be as if he killed all mankind" Suraa Al Maeda, Verse 32)
2- Hazrat Umar RA pointing to Kaaba said "I know the importance and significance of you, but a life of Muslim is far more valuable than you" and his this point of view was based on the tradition of Prophet SAWW.
3- The punishment of false accusation (Buhtan) is 80 flogs.
4- Whose responsibility is to judge? Are we the judge? No, it is the responsibility of the state to implement its laws and pursue the course of fair justice with impartiality.
5- Prophet SAWW in His life did forgive many blasphemers, Abu Sufyan, Ikrama bin abu Jahl, Kaab ibn e Zuhair. Prophet SAWW himself gave an order of killing Kaab and Ikrama but they asked for forgiveness from the Prophet SAWW and He forgave them.
6- But after the demise of our Prophet SAWW, His companions never forgave any blasphemer, and Muslim Scholars had a consensus afterward that there is no forgiveness for a blasphemer, however, some disagreed.
7- Now what is blasphemy? This is where all the things are messed up....

Few years back, a christian mother along her daughter was exiled from a city because her daughter in a class room did something sacrilegious in Islamiat class. Now, the thing is, in Islam minorities can't be held for any misdeed. A tradition states "Pen has been taken away from three people" among them one is minor. Similarly, insane person cant be held responsible for his deeds and misdeeds.

The situation in our country is different, we may not ask the intention of the person, we dont bother that because of our extra extremist inclinations how many people are suffering. How can one justify the murder of anyone? Is it right to take justice in our hands? Did we give a chance to those who are lynched by the mob? Where is the justice system? Secondly, as an adage goes "No knowledge is better than little knowledge"
We jump to decisions depending on our little knowledge, we don't know what is blasphemy, we know very little of Islam, the problem is that. And we are very much emotional and sentimental. We are in fact personality-worshipers not followers otherwise we would have known the Islam more than what we today know.
The decision of court against Shakil ur Rehman is also biased. Same is the case with JJ, we don't know the context of his sayings we don't know the reference and jumped to make decision. Salman Taseer was murdered because he said that blasphemy laws need change. Lets say, he was a blasphemer (God forbids I am not a judge, Allah knows everything) who gives the right to Mr. Qadri to kill him? this is the evidence of our flawed system to justice. This incident has given courage to all miscreants to vent their vengeance on one pretext or the other. Justice should be for both parties. A blasphemer as well as those who take justice in their hands, all should be met with justice.

I would like to mention an example from the Muslim era in Spain, there was a time when Chiristian fanaticism took momentum and the act of blasphemy was equated to sainthood. Read the book by stanley lane pool, Being a non-Muslim writer he applauded the wisdom of that era Muslim Qazis, he mentioned in his book, that the Muslim judges knew that Christians are doing this because the Church has instigated them to do such a sacrilegious act so that they may become saints. And he said, therefore, Muslim judges ignored many such incidents because they knew it would only cause further destruction and disintegration.
Now, in our country we are bent to give our own version of justice to whoever is accused of such a heinous act without knowing the whole story. I would like to refer my friends to another tradition of Prophet SAWW regarding those who give fatwaas. Prophet SAWW said that there are 3 kind of Muftis (religious legal experts), one who knows nothing and give decisions in religious matters, one who knows but his decision is wrong and one who knows and give a fair decision" Prophet SAWW warned the first one with punishment, and for second he said there is one "Ajar" because he had a knowledge and tried his best to reach a right decision and for third Prophet SAWW said there are two "Ajar" for him. Now lets see what kind of Muftis we are?

From Muslim History a very well known poet, Mutanabbi, a name which was given to him, and its means "to become a prophet forcefully" This person claimed himself a prophet, which is in fact a blasphemy, he was imprisoned and was asked to seek forgiveness and revert from his false claim. He reverted and was freed by the then court. He rose to great successes because of his poetry and after that incident never a blasphemous word was found in his poetry. So, I think the justice of that era was much better than the prevailing one.

At the end I would like to share a quote of Voltaire "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" lets give a chance to those who are accused of blasphemy, let them make their point clearer.