View Single Post
Old Sunday, December 07, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
I’m sorry this is perhaps one of the stupidest (and extremist) things I’ve read, but let me explain. Are you saying we should hate what we are not in order to be able to love what we are? Sounds like some psychological disorder to me. A healthy individual can love/appreciate what he is while appreciating the things that he is not, without any need of “hating” other things. This quote is anything but ‘fact’.
it's not stupid neither it's a psychological disorder, it's a trait of authoritarian personality . An authoritarian personality would feel increased levels of dependency, inadequacy and even hostility towards those in authority, thus in order to subside that feeling of worthlessness they would displace their anger towards other groups just like in this case liberal and conservatives in Pakistan displace anger at each other . It's very normal and part of natural human psychology, and must be respected. I think as long as liberals in Pakistan will continue to label other views as extremist, stupid and outdated and blame them to be responsible for all the criminal activities and vices in the society like lynching and mob action etc they will keep getting back that label of extremist upon themselves . It suggests that authoritarian personality is very commonplace in Pakistan, mostly in men, and even newly emerging liberal political class often display that haha . Maybe it's not escapeable, liberals use the same techniques of competition that are common in the culture, that is blame, ridicule, belittle, make your opponent crazy and overwhelm them with your propaganda etc (haha this is what works here I think ), because there is no other way to go about with your goals in this environment .
RAO RAMEEZ (Monday, December 08, 2014)