View Single Post
Old Monday, December 08, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
I’m not sure if I would call authoritarian attitude “normal”, although I understand in our part of the world blind reverence for authority does make it sound quite normal. It was also quite normal in the Nazi Germany, by the way, under the leadership of a mad Fuhrer.
It is normal, and very normal, even people like bill gates have authoritarian personality and people with such traits are the actual achievers . It's just the difference of beliefs that causes problems. Nazi Fuehrer held different beliefs and we can call most of his actions as a result of mad beliefs since we don't believe in that but Pakistani liberals have the exact tendancy to attack people as any Taliban, just not being violent is not enough, people can't be convinced to change their beliefs if you also have the same behavior haha . They will call you same as Taliban if they don't see any difference of attitude . And if liberals believe that there is no need to convince people, liberalism will come any way then sure it's natural for people to believe it's a western conspiracy and it is being forced upon us haha . For example no body likes to see butchering as taliban do it and not most people even like taliban, but if an ordinary person is attacked as if his beliefs are causing butchering then that's infact what's not normal

Nevertheless attacking or aggressive strategy does work. And I have already mentioned it's unavoidable in the present circumstances . It's true that most of the beliefs and traditions being practiced in this country are problematic and have lived their age and there is a dire need to review them as they cannot survive any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
Nevertheless attacking or aggressive strategy does work. And I have already mentioned it's unavoidable in the present circumstances . It's true that most of the beliefs and traditions being practiced in this country are problematic and have lived their age and there is a dire need to review them as they cannot survive any longer.
The biggest concern I have is with such authoritarian attitude of liberals Pakistani democracy will remain mib rule as it is today and it's an open invitation for authoritarian government . The liberals need to cope up with science and adopt a different strategy

Last edited by Amna; Monday, December 08, 2014 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Merged/chain posts