View Single Post
Old Tuesday, January 08, 2008
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 248

ashfaq_dir is on a distinguished road
Question one important query

being a junior member am again curious about one question which constantly baffles me and which i oftenly ask people of literary prominance as to what should be the beginning of an essay?though the comments and exhortations put forward by all of your goodselves are indeed praiseworthy,the point i want to make clear is whether one should try starting with a backgroung or giving direct introduction to the topic.terrorism say is given as the topic to compose,now what should be the starting?shall it be defining terrorism directly or going a brief into human history,its past dangers and the subsequent rise of the grisly spectre of terrorism.i think i cam make it more clear.whether the essay should be inductive or a deductive one.should there be any anecdote or allegory or any amusing story that bears upon the subject of essay.further more if essay is to start with backgroun or directly where exactly the thesis sentence should be located?your precious comments are highly solicited.