View Single Post
Old Friday, December 26, 2014

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikander kalhoro View Post
Keeping in view your point of view, i would somehow disagree. The influence of China has just been augmented, it could not be decreased until some powerful economic country see eye to eye with her. US policies failed to render their shots of being a super power. India could never rise in the name of nationalism, Russia is already lingering behind sanctions, but her military power is intact. On the whole, China would triumph in 2015 as the sole super powers, not as capitalist, nor as rival, but a friendly super power country.
I'm of the view that the entire concept of a super power is slowly fading away. I'm talking about the next 100 years, not the next 10 or 20. By its very definition, a superpower should be able to exert influence over other, do you agree? Superpowers such as China and America are slowly losing this ability to exert influence. It is already almost impossible to exert inflection through military strength and will become more difficult in the future. Economically too, the influence of individual countries will decrease as 1) the economy becomes more globalized and 2) poor countries move out of the cycle of poverty. Remember that by 2050, many currently underdeveloped countries will have joined the list of developed, prosperous countries. Therefore, the ability of any one country, including China and America to exert influence over the rest of the world will diminish.

On a side note, the dominant culture of the future will still be Western. People can come up with all kinds of weird reasons for that but the BASIC, CORE reason is that it promotes gender equality. Muslim culture by comparison is centered around segregation of the sexes, something that is not acceptable to a majority of the population.

If you take a look at China, you will see this in action. Already the Chinese are becoming increasingly Westernized.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hassan02 For This Useful Post:
Asad Ali Jogi (Wednesday, January 28, 2015), asma mehvish (Sunday, December 28, 2014)