View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 27, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,870 Times in 1,441 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonkhan View Post
Initially I had a goal to become a scientist like Thomas Edison in Pakistan. I have almost graduated out from my college [Bachelors in Civil Engg] and was thinking of applying for graduate studies. I wanted to establish my own industrial research-oriented lab here in Pakistan and had an urge for new inventions in my field. Now after this Peshawar incident , I think I should opt for CSS and join the Police Department. These are the reasons for it :

My parents want me to go for CSS as they believe I have the capacity and talent for it. They believe that my talents can be well-invested for Pakistan if I go for civil services.

My Principal (Tahira Qazi Shaheed) also wanted me to do CSS. She was heavily against MS from abroad.

Since childhood , I had a fascination to join fighting force. I never wanted to become a scientist and never liked it. But I had this intention of joining a fighting force in my future life.

The Peshawar School Attack has forced me to think over it again and I've started to believe that I can well perform in Police force of Pakistan [I'm inspired by Malik Saad Shaheed] .Under these circumstances , what would you recommend me ?
Decisions free of emotions are the lasting decisions in life.
If you wish to reach at lasting decision in your life then exclude "emotional factor" from your decisions and aim rationally.

If you want to serve this nation then this country is in dire need of best minds in science & research. The best scientist is better than a Guard. We have already better guards available but the existing system is hurdle in their performance.

If joining forces life is your passion then passion prevails. Don't suppress your passion because you won’t find satisfaction in any other career if you don't achieve your dream world.

Now Passion or Patriotism?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Raz For This Useful Post:
Ana (Sunday, January 11, 2015), mani g (Saturday, December 27, 2014), Sarrial Banda (Tuesday, December 30, 2014), shannonkhan (Sunday, December 28, 2014)