View Single Post
Old Saturday, January 10, 2015

Davis is on a distinguished road
Default Inquiry regarding words - help required.

Hello everyone.

May this post find all of you in perfect health. Ameen.

I have been practicing to write essays to increase my writing speed. I currently write about 570 words in an hour which is very poor, considering the minimum limit of 2500 words which has to be achieved within 3 hours (make that 2.5, half an hour for the outline). Now my target is to get atleast at a speed of 1000 words per hour, hopefully this uphill task would be achieved in this last tiring month.

My question is, whether we concretely have to abide by the minimum word count or would a well and justified essay written in about say 2000 words do the job? Please help me out on this.

Ah and while i'm at it, the questions in other subjects are of 20 marks each, i have heard that we have to write about 1000-1200 words per question, 2.5 hours gives us 37 minutes per question, how on earth is that manageable?! If a question's requirements are fulfilled in say 700 words, or 600, isn't that enough? I mean why go on writing when objectives are met?

Please pardon my lack of information on this. Guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.