View Single Post
Old Tuesday, January 13, 2015

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Ali View Post
Hello friends these are 100 Important Scientific Questions, which i gone through in two days, please you all must opt this practice try to commit to memory in a day....

2) The Sun appears red at sunset and sunrise. Why?
Ans: The sun appears red at the time of sunset and sunrise due to the scattering of light by small
particles of dust or smoke near the surface of the earth. The light travels relatively without
hindrance that is why the sun appears red at the time of sunset and sunrise.
Dust is not the reason "for redness of sun".Dust theory is 100 years old.

Blue light is scattered and spread being of short wavelength. (Though violet is shortest but it is absorbed by upper atmosphere and our eyes are less receptive to violet as well)
At evening even more blue light is scattered therefore red and yellow are reached.

Dust particles don't scatter but reflect the light, due to which "SKY" appears red at sunset.

Quote:
4) The sky from moon appears black. Why?
Ans: as the moon has no atmosphere, so the sky looks completely black when viewed from
the moon.
Same logic as that of Q2.
5) Roads are bent inwards on curves. Why?

Logic increase in "Friction" was not given. Rest was ok.

Quote:
8) It is not advisable to sleep under trees during the night.
Ans: During night the plants release carbon dioxide (CO2) which is a poisonous gas and
injurious to health. That is why it is not advisable to sleep under trees during night.
Add "respiration" of plants during night is increased relative to photosynthesis.

Quote:
10) Rainbow is produced in the sky after rainfall and sunlight.
Ans: After rain, many droplet of water travel in the atmosphere. When sun rays fall on these
droplets, dispersion of water occurs and droplets act as prism and produce a spectrum of
seven colours. That’s why a rainbow is seen in the sky after rain.
Add terms "wavelength" and "refraction"

Quote:
11) Milk is considered as an ideal food.
Ans: Milk is considered as an ideal food due to following reasons: a) It contains all constitute
of balanced diet. b) Milk contains fat. c) Milk has high nutritional value because it contains
proteins as well as minerals.
1. Fat 2. Protein 3. Lactose sugar 4. Minerals 5. Vitamins 6. Anti-Bacterial effect due to lactoferrin and lysozyme. 7. Antibodies for various diseases

Quote:
13) Goitre is common in hilly areas.
Ans: Goitre is common in hilly areas because there is deficiency of Iodine in
the water.
Add relative increase in Metabolism as well.

Quote:
20) Colour blindness is more common in men than women.
Write the terms "Allele", Heterozygous, Recessive and dominant genes.

Quote:
28) We never see birds urinating.
Ans: Urate a relatively less toxic substance, require very less amount of water as compared to Urea, the reason birds have adapted to have an vestigial, less developed or no urinary system, ostrich being an exception.

Quote:
29) Pasteurized milk has more nourishment than the ordinary boiled milk.
Ans: Pasteurized milk is obtained by heating milk at a temperature of 60 degree Celsius for
30 minutes. In this way the TB bacteria are killed without damaging the milk protein. Thus
pasteurized milk has more nourishment than ordinary boiled milk.
Milk protein not gets deformed completely after pasteurization.

Quote:
32) Why do some people snore?
Ans: Some people snore during their sleep because the breathing action produces sound.
This is so because the pharynx or the windpipe offers resistance to the air taken in or
expelled.
It's because during sleep, the air passage is narrowed and soft tissues hinders the passage of air.

Remaining corrections and additions. DIY.
rija ahmed (Thursday, January 15, 2015)