View Single Post
Old Thursday, January 22, 2015
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmax View Post
The answer to your question varies to some extent from one province to other [Administrator, Tehsil Municipal Administration (TMA) in Punjab & Sindh but not in KP & Balochistan] as well as from one area to another within a province [Magisterial Powers in Malakand Division but not in other Divisions in KP]. Likewise, the nature of job varies if you are posted in Federally Administered Tribal Area (FATA). Anyone posted in other areas can tell you better.

This is what I do in my district in KP:

1. Conduct Revenue Court as Assistant Collector 1st Grade.
2. Supervise Revenue Administration in my sub-division.
3. Price Checking of Essential Commodities, Imposing Fine, etc.
4. Supervise Anti-Encroachment Operations
5. Coordinate with all line departments (C&W, WAPDA, HEALTH, EDUCATION, AGRICULTURE, IRRIGATION, etc.)
6. Monitor Polio Campaigns
7. Rescue & Relief work as District Disaster Management Officer (DDMO)
8. Monitor Law & Order Situation. Yes! Law & Order Situation. Not only reporting it but practically dealing with protesters, negotiating opening of road blockades, etc.
9. Assist Deputy Commissioner in his work, like chair meetings on his behalf, attend meetings at Provincial Depts on his behalf, represent him at various events etc.
10. Miscellaneous Duties (Muharram, Rabi-ul-Awal, Chehlum, Eid, National Day, VVIP visits, etc.)

Regards,
Thank you for the reply.

That seems like a very hectic routine. Are the working hours fixed, like 9-5 or something like that? Or is it like a 24-hour job? And are there any off days in the week?