View Single Post
Old Friday, January 30, 2015

RoadBlock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muntaha mughal View Post
In order to contrast between two things.. i was taught in school to differentiate by drawing a line in center of page to distinguish, between two topics.. that was school's phase! But now i am confuse that still we have to differentiate in the same way ? Or we have to do it in a paragraph ?

In tabular form or in narrative form? ?
When you render your answer with the aim of drawing a comparison, it is better to stick to the narrative format of writing in addition to formulating suitable headings and sub headings. If you want to insert a flair of creativity, you can always rely on tabular format but not like the one you discussed above in which one simply draws a line in the middle and write on either side. Be professional. It should be a neatly drawn table. But remember, it is not a substitute for your narrative writing. When you start the answer, the first paragraph should list out the definitions etc followed by sub headings for each individual difference. If you really want to attain the attention of examiner, you can rely on tabular format. But do not over burden the table with text. Discuss the main points in the headings and sub headings with each heading detailing out a specific idea. This is what I would do.