View Single Post
Old Friday, January 30, 2015
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
There is a difference between extremism and terrorism although they are often used interchangeably. The article wasn't about terrorism at all but an extremist approach of seeing things. If you start paying heed to the lines from: "They scornfully label religious clerics as “Medieval Mullah”, “Jahil (Ignorant)”, “Extremist” ...", you will come to the realization that secular extremism does exist.

According to the very definition of extremism ("A person who holds extreme political or religious views, especially one who advocates illegal,violent, or other extreme action."), the sort of extremist mentality towards religion and religious men does exist in our society - they do take matters to the other extreme.
Well, the way you equated “secular extremists” with TTP and ISIS made me wonder if these two were being taken as extremes. Do you take these as two equally extreme viewpoints? The articles seems confused about that point.

Khair, If someone flaunts his/her extremist views in front of me and I label him jahil or a bigot, I can’t be called an extremist by any definition. Also, please let me know how matters are taken to the "other extreme" because calling for the separation of state and religion is not the other extreme. It would be extreme if I say that religion should be confined to homes and anyone going to mosques should be punished. Is there anyone in Pakistan who is saying that? Do enlighten me.

Speaking of Iqbal, there are countless contradictions in his ideas which is why I won’t really take his word for what nationhood means and how the affairs of the state should be run. For that, we need to look to the ground realities.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
MIR A GHAFFAR (Friday, January 30, 2015)