View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 05, 2015

zia bugvi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassawur View Post
Congratulations to those who have qualified. For their interview this post may prove to be slight helpful.

Here I tell you something based on my personal experience of appearing in css interview, PMS Interview and few ppsc interviews.
Bear in mind that in an interview mere one's knowledge is not checked Along with one's knowledge, most importantly one's confidence, personality , seriousness for the job , one's expression and communication skills are also examined.
However, be relaxed. If one is prepared and one's communication skills and expression is good , the confidence automatically steps in itself.
Secondly you need to be abreast of the areas which questions on which are usually expected.
An interview , for example a ppsc job interview revolves round following area.
First of all is one's first impression. One should be dressed formally and should be looking decent. Not prepared and dressed as if going to some function.
Then having entered the room one should be greeting the panel in a mannered but confident way. Now start the interview which comprises of
1 - Introduction. ( Introduction should be brief and in such a way as it creates interest of the panel. Do mention any of your speciality , distinction or achievement. For example if I have to introduce , I will tell my speciality that sometimes I write in Dawn and other English newspapers lettrs to rditor on socio political issues. Now this will create interest of the panel. Or I will tell my achievement that I qualified CSS as well as PMS . Now they will ask questions on these which obviously one can answer comprehensively.

2- Now the second thing is knowledge about one's district. In ppsc interviews they sometimes ask about famous personalities , on national or on international level from the district of your domicile and famous or historic places. For example in my district Elexendar fought with Prince Porus and second Sikh battle was also fought here. And one of the famous personalities is Writer Mustansar Hussain Tarar.

3- Then thay do ask Queations about the final degree. I am always asked questions on literature. Especially those who have M. A in Literature , History , social work, Journalism, Pol Science etc or Law they are definitely asked questions as everyone in panel is informed with the basics of these.

4-Now sometimes they ask also about current affairs or contemporary national and international issues. Now one should have basic info regarding these.

Note: The missing of questions on this parts does less damage. As not all are well versed in it. However, one should have opinion about current happenings.

5- The most important portion of the interview comes then. In interview panel there is one person at leadt from the department for which the job one has applied. To win the job one needs specially to satisfy that person. So it is most important that one knows about the department and about the nature of the job. For example I appeared in an interview for Labour officer in ppsc. I should have known what labour officer is what he has to do and what is labour department. What are labour laws and want is I. L. O. But I didn't know even the leadt then as I hadnt prepared this area. This blunder proved fatal for me. If one performs satisfactory in this part , there remains hardly any hurdle in the way of success. One also needs to show fullest interest in job and should be expressive. Try to give detailed but precised answrs. This is my analysis on the basis of giving a CSS, PMS interview and two ppsc interviews and successful interview experiences of few friends.
Best of Luck.
Quite valuable advice indeed; now the issue is that I have not able to find job description and other data on PESSI; their website is not working either, as you have written about appearing in Labour Officer interview so I was wondering if you know anyone from Labour dptt or any incumbent Social Security officer who can prove helpful in that regard.