View Single Post
Old Friday, March 06, 2015

Artemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to all

Hello again, Friends and Foes!

As promised, here is the remaining part of my interview.

The one and only Mr. Wajid Rana- "So if we take you in PSP, till which rank do you think you can make with the attitude you have?" asked with a very witty smile.
I said, "Sir I have this friend of mine in PSP and some time back he was advising me- 'Don't go for police, you are a girl- kabhi tumhain DPO nhi lagain gae!' But the thing is there is nothing that I want to do in police and I can't do it being an ASP. And I think this is what makes police department very unique that you have so much margin to deliver. The very day I start my career, I will be in charge of a police station where a number of people will be coming everyday with their grievances, if I can play my part in bring justice to those who have been wronged with, I think that would suffice for me.
I am not joining to reform the whole department. It's not even something I am aiming at. And I have seen people when they are ASPs they say we don't have much power we will do something when we become SPs or SSPs, then they say when we become DIGs, then they become IGs and then they just retire without ever having done anything!"
(God! I really enjoyed not having any IG in panel this year, or I would have been thrown out of the room straight away after this answer- if not before)

He said, "Okay let's come to your hobbies, kick-boxing and kungfu! Why do you have so much aggression in your personality?"
I kinda laughed and said,"It has nothing to do with aggression, I was interested in martial arts and kick-boxing was the only kind of MA for which regular classes were being offered for girls here. And kung-fu is very slow, it has routines you have to do over and over again. Then I think I told him somelife history of my instructor, why I joined his club, what makes it unique, why wasn't I comfortable in any other clubs I visited.
Anyhow we came back to kick-boxing and I said ' but now when I am learning it, I really like it. I come back with sore muscles and it feels good. Because this is how you know that you are growing- you are pushing your limits!
(It was like saying- you suspect I am kinda psycho, let me just prove it! )

Anyhow he said, "You know what, we should take you in police and send you to Karachi!"
Now you people say I was non-serious, had I been non-serious I would have said- Wouldn't you love to see me neck and neck with gangs in Karachi, and then a Hollywood thriller could be based on my life (a short-lived one!)
But I didn't say that, instead I said, "Sir I would like to start my career form Baluchistan!" I never doubted for a second in my interview that I didn't have all the attention of the panel but that was the point I could see Lehri Sahab visibly turning, it was like- Did someone mentioned Baluchistan here?'

Anyhow I went on explaining that I have had my childhood in Quetta, how I feel connection to that land and fantasy that. But this preference has more to do with professional reasons. "people tell me - 'don't ever opt for Baluchisatn- wahan se wapis nhi ao ge' And I say if I do come back I will make some cop! " Then I explained that saying "Owing to security state in that region conditions are very tough for police. The officers work there while having continuous life threats and even attempts on their life . That's a lot of pressure to take. And they have to deal with LJ and sectarian militants. If I go there in start of my career and survive that working environment then serving in Punjab afterward or in any other place would be nothing for me!"
(And then you people know what Ma'am added to this about Punjab police by the end of interview, that was hilarious! )
I am running out of smileys limit for one post so let's take a break. Some mod will merge the posts anyway. This is what they are for! They too should feel useful!

@mods
You know I am kidding, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMKamran View Post
Mam, I am nobody to comment on your interview but one thing is assured that it seems you did not confuse or get panic at any stage and that would certainly add sugar to your marks, IAT.

Your approach towards life is really optimistic and at the same time, the way you beautifully made friendly conversation with the panel shows the charisma of your personality. It would certainly be very beneficial both for your professional and personal life. I wish everyone a warm best of luck and kindly pray for me as well.

Stay blessed.
Yeah I have never considered me over-confident as a very thoughtful and new found brother of mine labelled me, but at some level I do think over-confidence is what makes a CSP. CSPs in Pak have a history of being known for their over-confidence.

About the friendly and open conversation, I think it is essential-communication is always two way. So to perform well you have to make yourself comfortable in that environment and at the same time you have to retain the level of interest of the panel in your interview. Keeping it light helped otherwise it builds a lot of pressure. And I think Mr. Wajid Rana was really helping me keeping it light!
Even Ma'am Batool she is very open and concerned, always. She asks very informal questions at times.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Artemis For This Useful Post:
bilalrhd (Tuesday, March 10, 2015), daniyalahmed (Friday, March 06, 2015), Fahad M Mirza (Friday, March 06, 2015), RMKamran (Friday, March 06, 2015)