Thread: Updated News
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, January 30, 2008

amy has a spectacular aura aboutamy has a spectacular aura about

PESHAWAR:
At least three suspicious miscreants have been killed in an explosion at a home in Peshawar when a bomb went off early Wednesday, police said.

According to News correspondent the blast occurred when a hand grenade went off in a house in Shaheedabad area, some 4 kilometer away from Peshawar, killing three people.

Police also recovered another hand grenade. The three men killed in the blast were apparently guests and staying in the sitting room of the house where blast occurred. An investigation of the incident is underway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON:

USA is stressing Pakistan to remove the serious faults that may become a hurdle in holding free and fair elections on February 18.

Answering the questions of a US Congress sub-committee, US assistant secretary of state Mr Boucher said Mr Boucher said that United States is working with Pakistan government to hold free and fair elections. US has spent about 100 million dollars to promote democracy there.

He said United States support an independent judiciary in Pakistan but the current issue of removal of judges has become a political issue.

The US assistant secretary of state said his country does not believe there is a need for a UN-led investigation.

Answering the questions of committee members, he agreed to a question that removal of Chief justice was not appropriate

Mr. Boucher said that Pakistan and United States are cooperating fully with each other in war on terror and military operations in FATA areas will be conducted maintaining the sovereignty of Pakistan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Zirwaan Khan; Wednesday, January 30, 2008 at 09:57 PM.