View Single Post
Old Sunday, April 12, 2015

Qk Mehsood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANeeK View Post
Chairman
  • Why did you opt for these optional subjects?
  • What is wrong in the Police Dept.?
  • What reforms would you bring?
  • Name 3 most pressing problems of Pakistan.
  • (Among the three I mentioned, one was collapse of organizational structure. He asked me to elaborate it and give examples)

Ms. Batool
  • Education system is causing extremism, what do you think?
  • (A lot of time was spent on it, first I said that it is mostly medressahs, she said they are only 2%, rest are other schools. I countered again by giving examples, she said that you are talking about private sector, what about public sector? I said that education system has lots of problems but promoting extremism is not one of those...)
  • How much Pakistan spends on Education from its budget and how much it should? (I thought she was asking about % of GDP so gave answers accordingly but later realized I was wrong, it was % of budget)
  • Have you heard of CII?
  • What recent recommendations it has proposed?
  • What do you think about CII?

Mr. Wajid Rana
  • First he asked me some questions from my psychological proforma and said why are you like this and that?
  • Then he asked me are you a day-dreamer?
  • Then he uttered a very long quote of Nixon about Foreign Policy and "sausages" and how they are "charred" (I had no idea what he said) and asked me to explain it. I asked him to repeat it, he repeated very slowly, I thought and said sorry
  • Then he asked me about problem of urbanization. When I came to depletion of agricultural land, he asked what was its solution. I said conversion of agricultural land to housing land should be banned. He said banning is 13th century solution, give me a 21st century solution. But while I was giving him the 21st century solution he moved forward.
  • Then he came to geography - what are main glaciers of Pakistan? I didn't know the name of anyone except Siachin but didn't say even Siachin and said sorry.
  • What are main disputes over International Rivers? Pakistan, India aside. I said Brahamaputra, he said it has been solved, what else? I said sorry.
  • He asked another strange question about geography which I again dropped. So all in all, I didn't answer even a single question from geography correctly.
  • Then he came to International Law - sources of International Law, jus cogens, name 3 jus cogens, why EU has not yet completed the trans-atlantic trade treaty? (No idea what this is) I answered in general terms that they don't want to expand market etc. He said that UK has put this proposition and it is important member of EU, so why opposition from other members? I said UK is thinking of leaving EU, that's why it is giving such suggestions. He said why is UK leaving? Again I have to rely on general common guesses. Then he said how will UK leave EU? What procedure they will adopt? I said either parliament or referendum, he said referendum. One more thing he asked which I didn't know.
  • Then he said give one single reform which you would bring in the country if given the power to do so? I said I would link education with industry and military. He said why military? I had two points in mind. I said one was because military has the highest budget. He said 'says who?'. What is the number? I excused that I didn't know the number specifically and have read in papers about it. He said don't believe everything you read in papers, do your own research. I said ok. I wanted to present the other point but he gave me to Mr. Lehri.

Mr. Lehri
  • What are the reservations of Sindh and KPK against Kalabagh? I answered. He said can these reservations be addressed and how? I answered.
  • Then he asked one other question which I have forgotten and I can't even remember if I answered it or not. Then they looked at each other and the Chairman who has been staring at me constantly with the blank face said, "Thank You Gentleman."

All in all, the interview was not too difficult except geography which I didn't prepare and I would say even if I had prepared I would not have been able to answer them. My optionals were journalism, international law, geography and maths. They didn't ask a single thing from journalism. The person next to me also had geography but he was not asked a single question from it, rather they asked him to explain the Persian verses of Sheikh Saadi. So be prepared to drop questions from optionals. Put more focus on national issues, international issues are asked a little less. Do prepare reform strategies for your preference groups (1st 2 at least, because they asked me about reforms in Police whereas my first preference was PAS). Try to remember some numbers if you can but if you can't, don't fabricate them. Mr. Wajid Rana, being from Finance background, knows a lot of numbers and statistics so don't make a fool of yourself by quoting wrong figures. Mr. Wajid Rana will ask most questions from you, and will also ask you to elaborate some statements which he will quote. Atmosphere was cordial in general and I was allowed to speak, save a few times. The seat was excellent and very comfortable, much better than the wooden chair on the Physological day - believe me half of my nerves settled down just by sitting on that chair.
Best of luck to all of you!!
Dear you make me laugh at your 3rd point of your interview with Rana Saheb first you make him slow and then sorry .....your interview is quite interesting thanks for sharing your this wonderful interview experience.