View Single Post
Old Monday, May 04, 2015
43rd CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 274

amnasharif is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazish Hina Shafiq View Post
Yes,Currently I am reading conquest of happiness by Bertrand Russel.Because I have also opted English Literature.I will look for the book.
I have been educated in Army Public Schools and I have good command over English.(Or I would like think so..).
Sorry if I am a being a constant nuisance.
But I need to ask about precis and comprehension.The people on this forum are practicing it constantly.I don't think about it that much.Am I making a mistake?
It's always a pleasure to help where one can so your questions are not a nuisance and are very valid.

I have just answered Zaroon Siddique about précis and essays etc. even if you can write English well, writing a good précis is an art and I would NOT advise you to take it lightly.

If you don't want to particularly practice précis you can shrink long and huge concepts of other subjects for yourself by making them into a précis, (following the rules of a précis) this way you would kill two birds with one stone: perfecting the art of writing a précis and ingraining other concepts in your mind.
Goher Shah (Monday, May 04, 2015)