View Single Post
Old Friday, May 08, 2015

Accountant is on a distinguished road

I have also opted Accounting and Auditing along with Mercantile Law and Business Administration. Although i may be wrong but I have gone through new syllabus few times so in my opinion there is no need to study CA books as being suggested by some people only things needed to be studied from CA course are IAS 2 Inventories, IAS 16 PPE , ISA 705 for types of Modification to Audit Report and Certain definitions from ISA's.

Also for final accounts question I am not completely sure if they will actually raise the level as questions asked up until now did not require much in terms of notes to the financial statements these were Module B level questions and are same as being taught in other qualifications but when questions provide more detailed information and require notes than every thing changes these are Module C level questions and are not normally taught in other qualifications.

Any ways new syllabus requires Final Accounts question to be answered in accordance with directives of SECP/IFRS/ICAP

IFRS provides that

Financial Statements Include (Don't use IFRS names as local laws supersede IFRS):

1)Income Statement (IFRS name: Statement of Comprehensive Income)
2)Balance Sheet (IFRS name: Statement of Financial Position)
3)Statement of Changes in Equity
4)Statement of Cash Flows (If examined will be examined separately)
5)Notes to the Financial Statements

so to be on safe side refer Schedule 4 and 5 to Companies ordinance 1984 these schedules also meet most of IFRS requirements and solve few final accounts questions from ICAP Module C Accounting (now CAF-7) as each attempt have at least one final accounts question past papers are available at ICAP website and solutions are also available but only to CA students as access to suggested solution requires login.

*IFRS International Financial Reporting Standards
*IAS International Accounting Standards (Part of IFRS)
*ISA International Standards on Auditing

Goodluck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Accountant For This Useful Post:
amit837 (Friday, June 05, 2015), umer ahmad (Sunday, July 05, 2015)