View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Nazish Hina is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniyalahmed View Post
I have been told that my writing style is 'dated' and perhaps too flowery. However, I have reasons to believe, otherwise. I scored 5.5 / 6.0 in Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test. For the uninformed, GRE is the most comprehensive test, my overall percentile was 99. This figure indicates that of all GRE test takers ( which is a pool of candidates spread over the ENTIRE WORLD) I was better than 99 percent. Moreover, based on this score I won the prestigious Fulbright Scholarship. To add, I have an 8 band in IELTS, 28 / 30 in TOEFL and so on. The point over here is that you have no clue what's going on around the world. We make big pronouncement but do not have the facts to corroborate our statements. These are called sweeping statements and are of little value in reasoning. The saddest part is that people with no achievement pronounce edicts. They should prove themselves and then perhaps 'elaborate their position'.

Ideas choose their own language. Simple, elementary thoughts would require the same kind of communication vehicle. Complex ideas involves intricate structure and words. Read Kant and compare it with Sydney Sheldon. In business communication and day to day life, it is good to employ simple words but when you are elucidating ideas, you gotta use words that are apt for that thought. Lastly, there is no harm in flaunting your knowledge of words, if you have words use them. You don't have to make yourself stoop low for the majority. Sadly, majority is stupid and one ought not to live for those who know nothing.
I wish there was a small piece of advice in it.
daniyalahmed (Wednesday, May 13, 2015), Kisbest (Monday, May 18, 2015)