View Single Post
Old Monday, May 25, 2015
43rd CTP (PAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 47

gzwazir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider88 View Post
This is a question for mainly the seniors, qualifiers and those who have studied either of the two subjects. Which subject should be opted? International Law is about general study of the worldly affairs with a few theories along with it. I have also heard it is less scoring.

Political Science is more or less political theories and constitutions but I have heard it is more productive and earns better score but its syllabus is lengthier.
What I need to know is, if the syllabus really that lengthier or there are a few repeated questions from past papers that must be prepared to get good score from the subject?
Brother Having both subjects as my optionals in CE14 I will try my best to apprise you about the pros and cons of both these subjects so that It will be easier for you to decide.

IR:
when it was a 1oo marks subject, people were terrified from it because of its very low scoring trend and vast course.
but now there has been further addition to it and has been made a 200 marks course. To cover its course you have to go to great depths because now there is nothing that can not come in its domain. FPs, Theories, histories you have to be well versed in them. Also it will be tested for the Ist time in 200 marks domain and will be an experiment, will either take you up or down.

but, nevertheless it has some positive aspects as well. With that you can now take International Law subject which is scoring as well as easy and overlapping with IR. IR can also cover your Current Affairs portion to a good extent. And it will be interesting as compared to the dry subject like Political Science.