View Single Post
Old Thursday, June 18, 2015

fyifyi is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I would like to discuss certain things regarding these posts. The jobs for these posts are now open after decades and I know people who served on these positions. When it was last announced somewhere in 1980s (relevant people pls correct me if I’m wrong) everyone from social sciences/arts was eligible for these posts. Also, the general age limit relaxation of 5 years was for all who didn’t even qualify a certain age schedule criteria written in instructions manual are eligible for these posts.
( on a related note: I don’t know that if the job adv at that time was same as today’s but allowed everyone even if the details of the adv made him/her not eligible of those posts.)
My point is,
• If government is announcing these positions after a gap of decades how is it JUST or RIGHT to put such a small range of age group criteria i.e. till 28 years.
• Secondly, the adv is misleading or confusing as far as candidate’s educational background is concerned. How come a person having degree in pharmacy, physics or chemistry is eligible and no one from social sciences aren’t except for economics and statistics. When it was right for candidates having degrees in Pol. Science, IR, History or Journalism back then why it isn’t right now.
• Even the CSS exam is open to all disciplines.
• Also the online application is so not up to date since it doesn’t allow an applicant to edit his/her application if there was a mistake made due to some computer glitch.
Kindly respond to these queries since this kind of injustice is making many candidates ineligible.