View Single Post
Old Tuesday, June 23, 2015

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamauk View Post
RaoRameez, If i am not wrong you mean back process in social evolution ? and can you explain how West has failed to influence the world ? means do you see any community after undergoing through a social change especially getting influenced by the West, has ever reattained its ex-way of life ?
No...
Indigenization is not taken here as state of decadence. I have taken it as a further step towards evolution.That's why mentioned Jinnah..
Modernity is not related to West only i.e if the adoption of culture is concerned.
I have written "As a Whole" and "Permanently". In the last century we have seen that our institutes have westernized. People were inclined towards westernizing "and" were thinking it as a crucial thing to "modernize".

But recently an uplift of certain ideologies; rise of Islamic, Evangelical, Vedic, Sinic cultural and religious tide with an extreme rejection towards western values is seen. Probably,due to failure of westernized institutes to deliver.

If you take a look at Pakistan before 80's or Talibanization, the Waheed Murad Era for example. Take the example of your film industry where you see a highly westernized chap as a hero and just after 20 years Mr. Shaan holding the "Gandassa" and such culture popular among the Pakistanis.
See the example of Turkey where ideologies against Kemalism are on rise.
People want to modernize but they want that modernity should be in conformity to their own values,cultures and religion as well.For example,the Iranian revolution. Religion too has a role to play in Arab Spring to some extent. if we remember those "mosque to square" phenomenon.
Cultural and Religious extremism is on rise hand to hand.
You see people like Zakir, Tariq Jameel, Nauman are gaining popularity among youth.
Arabicized religion is on rise as well where people are turning towards ideologies near to Salafist. ISIS has not a lone ideology.They are Hanbali Sunnis... Here in Pakistan there are people having hearts beating for Caliphate but can't declare it openly.

A young man leaving jeans and now with turban and beard holding I-phone is actually Modernization with Indigenization sans westernization. West as a culture to refute not it's sound benefits and technologies. The woes of western culture are flayed away...
The younger generation is more Islamicized than their parents (when they were in their youth)...They have more national and cultural spirits in them but off course after filtering the evil in it...
Muhammad T S Awan (Saturday, August 08, 2015)