View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 24, 2015
46th CTP (IG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2017 - Merit 218

sheikh87 is on a distinguished road

Let me bold my reason this time.

Those concerned, opt International Law from the group instead of Philosophy if you are opting International Relations. International Law not only complements the syllabus of International Relations but is also a key subject to score good in Current Affairs, Pakistan affairs and Essay. I have opted International Relations but I am considering Philosophy because of several reasons: it's worth reading, scoring and i have already scored well in the subject in my previous attempt. Opt Philosophy, only, if you are opting Political Science. And, opting Political Science is discouraged by many due to its lengthy syllabus. Opting Philosophy was considered a wise choice: before the announcement of new syllabus of it, and when Philosophy was of 200 marks. Now, Philosophy marks have been reduced to 100 only; it is grouped with some other important subjects particularly, International Law; It complements no other subject substantially; teachers of Philosophy are few and weirdos; the all time scoring portion of Philosophy - Logic part - has been thrown away from the new syllabus. These are some of the many factors that deems Philosophy as not a good optional subject anymore.

On the other hand, International Law substantially helps in International Relations, Current Affairs, Pakistan Affair, Essay, Islamic Studies and sometimes in other optional subjects. According to the new syllabus, Political Science and International Relations have become mandatory to elect for most of the candidates due to non-availability of choices. And, Political Science is highly discouraged by many due to its lengthy syllabus. So, if you elect International Relations and do not opt International Law, it would be
extremely unwise and highly injudicious; as International Law and International Relations are first cousins . Opting International Law, in this case, will not only make its study easy but will also augment the study and paper of IR.

Now the case remains is that one neither opts IR nor Political Science. If Philosophy was of 200 and with previous syllabus, i would have recommended Philosophy. Criminal Law, International Law and Mercantile Law are now better choices. And if someone asks me, even in this case i would prefer International Law because it empowers with knowledge that augments in solving many papers as mentioned above.

P.S I have studied International Law, Philosophy, Mercantile Law and Muslim Law and Jurisprudence from the Group.