View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 27, 2015
The TechGeek
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,178 Times in 888 Posts
incounternable is a jewel in the roughincounternable is a jewel in the roughincounternable is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARISTOCRAT View Post
As far as the solution and the guidelines given by fpsc are concerned, so there are no hard and fast rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How can you be so sure about this ? If this is the case (no standardized solution to the paper) then obviously the paper checker's objectivity will be in question. And I don't think FPSC will do that, there are thousands of candidates with different religious affiliations and sects.

Moreover, the paper checker will check for knowledge of the said question and not religious affiliation of the candidate and that knowledge will be checked by some kind of threshold as we are not scholars to have enormous knowledge about any specific religious issue.

So, your question about checker being subjective to his religious affiliation is valid but FPSC is not blind to give such task to any person who is biased in his approach to checking.

So, my thinking in this sense has been that there will be some sort of checking threshold provided to the checker, otherwise there would have never been the pattern of students failing one paper in one year and same student failing other subject(passed in earlier attempts) in another attempt.

For instance (from my own experience) many candidates failed essay in CE-13 and those students who even passed essay in CE-12 were failed in CE-13 in essay paper.

Similarly, students failing in essay paper in CE-13, mostly passed essay paper in CE-14. This trend, however, might not continue keeping in view the regrouping and change of syllabus.

Crux of whole argument is that there will be some kind of threshold set by FPSC for the checker to carry out his duty.

JazakAllah