View Single Post
Old Wednesday, July 08, 2015

hafiz mubashar is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up A personal divergent Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qk Mehsood View Post
To understand English novels or drama you need to know the basics of literature for example to understand English poetry one must go back to Greek mythology at least.then you need to know what is irony,metaphors,.........and the most important are symbols.
My view is quite different than that of yours. I believe one do not need to know much about Greek Mythology, Literary Terms, and basic structures of English Literature to revel in literature. Reason? It is that, for instance, you read 'The Alchemist', 'Forty Rules of Love', 'Joseph Andrews', 'Pride and Prejudice', Wilkie Collins's detective novels and so on without any cognizance of Greek Mythology. Esp. Modern Literature deals with modern themes and quite apart from Greek Mythological interpretations and indulgences.

You need to know all about it for interpreting, reviewing, evaluating and criticizing literary pieces. But, certes, enjoying literary pieces is quite different one from that of the above-listed aspects of study.

Ms. Sidra Rana just wanna enjoy literature: For this, just reading and enjoying literature is enough. Read inspirational ones and be inspirited one to achieve your destinies.

Mea Culpa: My personal views, anyone can have other viewpoint too. Baqi thora boht jo requiremnet hoti hay literay terms ki kisi work mein, wo Enjoy karty karty khud hi understood ho jati hay
The Following User Says Thank You to hafiz mubashar For This Useful Post:
sidra rana (Thursday, July 09, 2015)