View Single Post
Old Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Vegeta is on a distinguished road

Advancement in science and technology is gateway for the economic prosperity of a country.

These highlighted words for me are key to writing an engaging essay. Your essay is giving a very one sided view, you have out and out agreed with the statement without challenging it. What is economic prosperity? You need to make your reader aware what the term means, remember such terms are interpreted differently by different people, so you need to first clear the term economic prosperity.

The next one is gateway....is technology the only gateway to economic prosperity? Sometime you need social advancement too to achieve economic prosperity. You need to show your reader you are aware.

By keeping this in mind, your thesis statement can be clearer and to the point. If I had to write a thesis statement, it would be something like this: Advancement in science and technology are one of the key contributors to the economic prosperity of a country in this day and age. But it is not a sole contributor, it needs to be complimented by other advancement i.e. social, educational etc. Furthermore, too much technological advancement may produce a significant side effect i.e. rise in unemployment, machine replaces the workforce. Happened in Industrial Revolution, is happening now as well. So with technological advancement you need to prepare a workforce to match...here you bring in training and education, government policies etc.

See how by concentrating on keywords, you make your essay more analytical, a good essay always has a good amount of analysis. If you look at the above example, I have fully engaged with the question on many levels, I have agreed with it to an extent, I have seen the strengths and weaknesses of this gateway and I have also mentioned how to tackle the said weakness i.e. social and educational reforms.

Here is another tip, instead of thinking of as many examples as you can or as many scenarios as you can, pick a few examples and thoroughly dissect them throughout your essay.