View Single Post
Old Wednesday, August 05, 2015
43rd CTP (PCS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 72

Jolie Dame will become famous soon enoughJolie Dame will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheharzaad View Post
Dearyour approach was commendable and u deserve allocation i congratulate u on your success.
I have 3 questions dear
1. How much time did u spent reading dawn in first 3 to 4 mnths and in later 3 to 4 months and time spent on reading JWT magzine
2. Did u mean that before starting any subject, one must give it a complete reading according to the syllabus and then in 2nd phase read the whole syllabus again but this time make comprehensive notes of each topic alongwith?
3. Did you prepare complete notes for all the subjects?
Thanks dear and once again congratss
Thanks.
1. I used to give 60 to 80 minutes to Dawn till December and a little less than this in January. In this time I would write meanings of difficult words during the reading, extract and write down important facts and figures. But by November I almost left vocabulary writing and just concentrated on the news because now I started understanding many difficult words without opening dictionary.
2. No. I meant that pick a subject, make a complete outline of the topics in it that you have to cover, prepare notes if you have to and then launch your endeavor to memorize it. And during your first revision, prepare bullet notes.
3. I only prepared full length notes for Islamiat and Pakistan Affairs. And only bullet notes for Current Affairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Daniyal Khalek View Post
Thankyou madam for your response, I since the very beginning of my preparation thought it unwise to go for any of the languages, (since their is a practice among all the asspirants to have a selective study of these subjects). And it was upon insistance of a few CSPs and teachers that I thought of opting PUnjabi, but madam you put a stamp on all my fears, selective stusy of any study can be disastrous incase of a technical paper. Madam what subject should i opt from the last group, the only choice I have is of Journalism or Sociology. Please suggest something. Your score in Islamiyat was very good,I also need your recommendation about the book to prepare Islamiyat keeping in view the new syllabus

Secondly madam, I am left with some 6 months of my prep and I have devised my plan so that I write a precis and A 1000-1500 word essay of anything that I have studied throughout the day( for instance since I read about Civil Military relations and I wrote it in form of a question, I will try to increase this to 2000-2500 words as the exams approach). Madam should I continue with this work?? As I think that this exam is only about your critical analysis and the way you express it and I am trying to master expressing my thoughts, I am finding this plan very useful and I am satisfied with it, what do you say is it a good way to go ahead, as I have seen nobody around me or on this forum doing this thing.

Thankyou
You can go with anyone of them, Journalism or Sociology. They can be prepared in a short time period but these are the subjects which will most likely give an average score. Anthropology on the other hand is a new subject and I think new subjects would be able to give good scores as they have just been introduced and marking could be lenient. If you have an interest you should check its syllabus.

As far as Islamiat is concerned, there are not any major changes. Infact I am feeling that the new syllabus is short. You can consult Advanced Concepts of Islamiat by imtiaz Shahid. But it would be better for you to google a topic and find good material on it.

Your strategy is brilliant to improve your writing abilities on any kind of topic. You have got time to carry on this practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheharzaad View Post
Thanks dear
And did u read jwt magzine daily for entire month or read the whole of magzine in some days of each month?
I used to read it within few days and utilize the information as per the requirement. It holds topics related to a wide range of subjects particularly Islamiat, Pakistan Affairs, Journalism and Essay ofcourse.
We say unto it:Be. And it is (Quran 16:40)

Last edited by Man Jaanbazam; Wednesday, August 05, 2015 at 11:57 PM. Reason: merge posts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jolie Dame For This Useful Post:
RMKamran (Tuesday, October 18, 2016), waqarjandran (Tuesday, August 18, 2015)