Thread: book club
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Excursionist
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,478 Times in 754 Posts
Man Jaanbazam has a spectacular aura aboutMan Jaanbazam has a spectacular aura aboutMan Jaanbazam has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call for Change View Post
Oops ! my bad. Can you please define "proper reading" and how did you know that I didn't read it "properly" ?
Just wondering that why did not you like it. Expression, Story or writer
Sorry If my words were that harsh !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliinaa View Post
I am reading freedom at midnight and I feel it is a bit biased against MA Jinnah's Pakistan.

First, it doesn't talk about our founding father in high terms. On the contrary the author has praised(so far) both Gandhi and Lord Mountbatten.

Second, the author says there were 35 million Muslims and 30 million Hindus in Bengal. Do you agree with this figure?

Third, the author says that apart from religious differences, all the Punjabis and the Bengalis shared common languages, culture and traditions. What's your view on it?

Fourth, was a Muslim state created for the religion purpose or to get rid of Hindu majority and British rule? What's your view on it?

History people, I need your views.
First statement is beyond argument. We as a Pakistani, acknowledge every effort of our founding father. Our great Quiad has no comparison with M. Batton. Batton made every move in the favor of Hindus embodied by British Imperialism
Second No idea about that. However I ll try to check that one.

Third, According to my little knowledge, There was a lot of difference in language, culture and traditions of Bengalis and Punjabis regarding social norms and values. You can compare a Sikh and Mohajir for example in that case !

Fourth, It was created for both purposes. But everyone manipulated it according to their interest.

P.S: I am not a history person but If you want to discuss further, I ll try to pace up with you !

Last edited by Man Jaanbazam; Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 12:48 AM.