View Single Post
Old Friday, September 11, 2015

Daisy has a spectacular aura aboutDaisy has a spectacular aura aboutDaisy has a spectacular aura about

@Monk

Don't you think its already late and will be too late if we keep on learning knowledge in a foreign language? We can promote a language only by using it. We cant keep it at stand by till we surpass western civilization. I am really anxious to see my nation following blindly unknown paths.... Losing their own identity. Research has shown that a man can show his full potential only in his own language. We can do better in other languages but cant do the best! Because our genes shape our mother tongue.

But we are standing at a point where being student of Urdu medium knocks you out of a competitive system where a foreign language rules. Such students have to confront feelings of guilt. Why??????

I am not of the opinion that we should not learn english. I say we have to learn as many languages as we can but we should not do this at the cost of our own language. We should learn english to understand todays world and to get knowledge but we should give top priority to urdu! Everybody knows about China, France, Saudi Arabia and other developed countries where they prefer their own language over foreign languages.

Why we are communicating here in english instead of our own language? You know what a lot of people hesitate to ask questions in class rooms, to participate in discussion at this forum or are unable to join civil service of Pakistan because they are not perfect in using "English" ..... Isnt this sad......?

@Xing Lee

I wish i could know how to write in urdu here........
Mehria (Saturday, September 12, 2015), Umar95 (Sunday, February 21, 2016), Xing Lee (Friday, September 11, 2015)